Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Super Friend!













I have this close friend of mine whom I considered almost perfect
. She is pretty, down-to-earth, an achiever: the editor-in-chief and SSG vice-president of our school. She is also a loving daughter and sister to her younger siblings. Our barkada would always hang-out in their house.
Until last year, she was brought to the hospital because she collapsed, maybe twice. She and her mom would go to Cebu for check-up.We got worried and later we discovered that she has a tumor in her brain. Since then, her family never let her do stressful things. She is not allowed from watching television, use the computer, walking in a long distance or even expose herself in the sun as advised by the doctor. Because it could trigger the cause for her to lose consciousness. If I were on her foot, I maybe feeling miserable. I can't imagine myself avoiding things that I think what makes me happy. She also has a dangerous situation, it's a life-threatening. But what's the best part of it? It's how she handles her dilemma. When you look at her, you would think she doesn't have any illness. My girl friend faces life positively,and I'm proud of her.
After our graduation last March, they went back to Cebu for check-up. We thought she will undergo laser surgery to remove the tumor and rest for 1 year.But the doctors said that it's dangerous. It may affect her speech and memory if they pursue the operation. Now she depends on medicines. She also goes to college at St. Francis Xavier University taking up BS Biology. I haven't seen her for months and I'm looking forward to see her this semestral break. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. I really miss her.
Somehow, I have learned many lessons from her. Life is not perfect so we should be contented of what we have now. And happiness doesn't depend on material things only. It's the relationship and the memories you have with the people you love and how you value your worth to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment